Whether you’d like to coach elite/amateur athletes or promote the benefits of sport and exercise to the wider community, this course will put you ahead of the game.
- Gain the skills and knowledge for action-packed careers which focus on both performance and participation in sport
- Learn how to use sport as a catalyst for change, working with individuals and communities to advance the health and wellbeing agenda
- Enhance your employability with exciting voluntary work placement opportunities
- Additional sport coaching awards opportunities to add substance to your CV
- Make the most of our exceptional sports facilities in our specialist sports centre
- Be inspired by our enthusiastic and expert staff who boast a wealth of professional experience in sport coaching and development
- The content of this course, and its focus on increasing participation in sport, is aligned to the priorities of global initiatives, such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, where 'Good Health and Well-being' is highlighted as a priority
This Sport Coaching and Development (Hons) course from University of Derby gives you an advantage in an exciting and developing job market. On graduating, you’ll be ideally placed to embark on careers in areas such as talent identification, sport coaching in the UK and abroad, sport development, sport management and health promotion. At a time when sport participation has become part of new initiatives such as GP exercise referral programmes, the career scope is broadening further still.
Our course even includes a module on small business planning – including advice on writing funding bids, marketing and strategic planning – if you’re interested in setting up a sport-related venture of your own.
If you would like to take your knowledge of sport to the next level, this degree also acts as a gateway to postgraduate education, with opportunities for you to progress to masters level courses such as our innovative MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coaching and Skill Acquisition
- Academic and Research Skills for Sport and Exercise
- Principles of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Principles of Sport and Exercise
- Sport Development Planning
- Sports Coaching and Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences View 630 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Derby and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- UCAS points 112-120
- A Level BBB-BBC
- BTEC DDM-DMM
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15, Merit: 24, Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK Part-time fees: £1,155 per module
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for Sport Coaching and Development (Hons).
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.