You’ll learn new ways of thinking as well as a host of practical skills, and be challenged to apply these to real-world business and management scenarios, through projects, placements and internships. On this Business Management (CMI accredited) (Hons) degree from University of Derby , everyone gets to do business as well as learn about business.
We’ll help you prepare for a career in a global business environment that is rapidly changing, by supporting you to become more agile, innovative and resilient. You will also develop self-learning and team-working skills, which are crucial to success in the professional sphere.
Importantly, you will also learn to see things differently, by working with students from many other countries — both in your classes and online through joint projects with our overseas partner universities. You will see how people from different cultures tackle the same business issue and discover that who we are and where we are affects how we do business.
By the end of the course you will have sound business acumen and a wide range of practical skills. You’ll graduate with not only a degree in Business Management, but with an extra professional qualification (the CMI Diploma) and a host of real-world experience, so you’ll already have a head start in the careers market.
If you opted for a specialist pathway, you will have deeper knowledge in a particular field and if that pathway had extra accreditation, you'll also be able to complete some professional exams quicker.
Because this is such a broad degree, lots of different job roles will be open to you, in areas such as project management, analysis, consultancy, accountancy, operations, human resource management, marketing, sales, logistics and finance. Previous students have gone on to work for prominent employers — including Deloitte, PwC, Capita, the BBC, DHL, Barclays, Tata, Mott MacDonald and IBM — while others have set up their own businesses.
The programme is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding People in Organisations
- Developing a Professional Mindset
- Business Economics
- Finance and Business Performance
- Developing an Enterprising Mindset
- Marketing Fundamentals
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Business Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1398 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 112-120
- A Level BBB-BBC
- BTEC DDM-DMM
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15, Merit: 24, Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.