Set yourself apart as an industry-ready sports therapist and rehabilitation specialist, fully prepared to go into practice after graduation. Starting your studies with a foundation year gives you all the support you need to excel.
- Choose the four-year degree incorporating a foundation year for a stimulating introduction to this crucial sphere of the sports industry
- Take a route which is designed especially for students considering a new career or who are keen to explore a new subject area
- Fulfil your ambitions on a course which sets high academic and professional standards, with accreditation from The Society of Sports Therapists
- Apply theory to practice by undertaking over 200 hours of clinical placements working under expert supervision
- Perfect your techniques in manual therapy, exercise therapy and sports massage to aid the rehabilitation process
- Go on exciting fieldtrips to major events where you can see sports therapists in action
- Take full advantage of the outstanding learning facilities in our new sports centre
- Learn from highly experienced staff who regularly provide professional consultancy services to elite track and field athletes, golfers and footballers
Because this Sport Therapy And Rehabilitation With Foundation Year (Hons) degree from University of Derby is aligned to the professional guidelines set out by The Society of Sports Therapists, you’ll be fully prepared to go into practice as an injury and exercise-based rehabilitation and fitness specialist. You can also progress to roles working in multi-disciplinary or inter-disciplinary healthcare teams.
Your qualification also puts you on the pathway to postgraduate education, including the exciting and innovative masters courses available at Derby. You could consider our MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Science.
Through our Professional Development Package, you'll gain valuable transferable skills, including:
- Written and verbal communication
- Research and analytical
- Personal motivation, organisation and self-reflection
- IT literacy
- Critical awareness
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic and Research Skills for Sport and Exercise
- Principles of Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Sport and Injury Biomechanics
- Therapeutic Principles
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy
- Sports Massage
- Research Methods for Sport and Exercise
- Injury Biomechanics & Corrective Principles
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 103 other Bachelors in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 72
- A Level DDD
- BTEC MPP
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English are preferred, however if you don't have these qualifications you will be able to undertake Maths and English at Level 2 as part of your course of study
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 and 15 at Level 2
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.