During the course of the study programme, you will gain an insight into the programming and creation of IT systems. You will also learn how to programme in Java and C# as well as design databases that meet the requirements for good database design. At the same time, you will acquire an understanding of how a company works and how new IT systems can be introduced.
Toward the end of your studies, you will get an opportunity to specialise in a specific area, for instance in game or software development for mobile platforms.
As an AP Graduate in Computer Science from the University College of Northern Denmark, your future job title could be e.g. programmer, systems developer, web developer, network administrator, IT consultant or game developer.
Jobs and careers
You could work on:
- Consultancy on implementation of new technology
- Development and maintenance of IT system
- Responsibility for operating a company’s IT systems
The computer science programme is developed in close collaboration with the business community. We only teach one subject a day and the programme features themes and projects.
At UCN - University College of Northern Denmark we have a challenging and interesting study environment with students from many different study programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During the course of your education at UCN you can go abroad for a certain period of time. You can go on an internship abroad in one or more companies or you can take your studies abroad.
- The two kinds of placements can even be combined so you can do both. Be aware that the time spent abroad may not prolong the total duration of your studies in Denmark, however.
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 8 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A copy of your passport or ID card
- Final Diploma and transcript of records, i.e. your grades from the last 3 years of upper secondary education.
- Verification form (PDF) - Applicants must verify subjects and hours of instruction for the final 3 years of upper secondary education
- English test
- Motivation letter – stating why you want to go to Denmark, why you chose Aalborg/UCN and why you chose the specific programme you are applying for
- Power of attorney – This document has to be filled in if you apply through one of the international agents with whom UCN collaborate with. This is due to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
International10530 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5265 EUR per semester during 30 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 30 months.
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.