As an increasing number of cyberattacks and information security threats hit our nation, expert cybersecurity professionals are in significant demand by government agencies, defense firms, financial services and companies in a wide range of industries that handle private data.The Cybersecurity program at Grand Canyon University responds to this strong industry demand by:
- Exposing students to training and curriculum designed to prepare them for real-world situations
- Instructing students to prevent data breaches, protect against various types of cybercrime and address vulnerabilities.
- Revealing the importance of adapting quickly to changing technology and industry standards
- Instilling an attitude of continual learning in a fast-evolving digital field
Students will gain knowledge in defending digital spaces, computer environments, networks and sensitive information from malicious software developers and hackers.
This program teaches and assesses competency in all aspects of defensive cybersecurity, cyber law and cyber ethics. Areas of study include: information assurance foundations, digital forensic investigations, malware reverse engineering, wireless security, security architecture design, security frameworks and secure system administration.
The program emphasizes critical thinking, real-world application and practical project management experience. Students further develop valuable workplace skills, such as effective communication, teamwork, initiative, strong work ethic, analytical skills, adaptability and self-confidence.
GCU’s Christian worldview is also integrated in the program, so students can learn professional and ethical practices associated with cybersecurity.
Working in cyber intelligence is a highly valued, lucrative career with room for advancement. Potential occupations in the field include cybersecurity technicians, security operation center analysts, penetration testers, malware analysts and digital forensic technicians, as well as positions in defensive cybersecurity operations for public and private sectors.
To elevate credentials and deepen experience, graduates can earn a Master of Science in Cybersecurity from GCU, as well as explore vendor training and professional certifications. These additional credentials help professionals stay ahead of emerging threats, as well as stay up-to-date on current attack vectors, incoming trends and new technologies and techniques.
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Platforms and Network Technologies
- Algorithms and Discrete Mathematics for Cybersecurity
- Routing and Switching
- Low Level Programming
- Cyberlaw and Privacy in a Digital Age
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 346 other Bachelors in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United States
- Grand Canyon University (GCU) welcomes applicants 16 years old and older for admission consideration. We seek future graduates with diverse interests, experiences and perspectives, ready to capture academic opportunities with creativity and enthusiasm.
- Although GCU seeks to integrate Christian faith and practice into all aspects of campus life, no statement of faith or religious affiliation is required of prospective students, with the exception of majors in the College of Theology. Theology majors are required to affirm GCU's Doctrinal Statement and the College of Theology Covenant.
International16500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 USD per semester during 48 months.
National16500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 USD per semester during 48 months.
Online fee: $477 per credit
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.