Focussing on both creative process and creative output across all forms of writing, this degree combines the core elements of writing technique with industry practice, critical thinking and collaborative learning.
Taught by a team of experienced writers, publishers, scholars and industry professionals, this course will prepare the student for a wide range of careers and opportunities, including writing and editing, story developing and world building, teaching and researching, and other industries where writing and communicating lie at the heart of the role.
The combined Bachelor degrees in Communication (Creative Writing) - International Studies degree at the University of Technology Sydney seeks to augment the value of the creative writing degree by broadening awareness and understanding of another language and culture.
Students gain practical experience and theoretical engagement in the discipline of contemporary creative writing. They apply their skills across a number of key genres and narrative forms. An emphasis on critical skills leading towards the development of independent writing projects prepares students for professional practice.
Graduates work as fiction and non-fiction writers in anthologies, magazines and newspapers, and for literary journals and online presses. They also work as screenwriters, story developers and communication professionals.
Graduates also become teachers and researchers, many undertaking postgraduate study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Citizenship and Communication
- Fictional Forms
- Digital Literacies
- Imagining the Real
- Narrative and Theory
- Foundations in International Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Studies International Development Creative Writing View 114 other Bachelors in Communication Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
- English proficiency
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37392 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 779 AUD per credit during 60 months.
- All offers made to domestic undergraduate students will be for Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.