- Radio frequency circuits and systems
- The transmission of digital signals over analogue links
- The transfer of audio-visual information
Our School is a community of scholars leading the way in technological research and development. Today’s communications engineers are creative people who are focused and committed, yet restless and experimental. We are home to many of the world’s top engineers, and our work is driven by creativity and imagination as well as technical excellence.
You also cover traditional topics in electronics, including signal processing, circuit design, processors and software.
Demand for electronics and communications engineers is high; the IT and engineering sectors are growing at a rate that outstrips the supply of fresh talent.
The profession offers a range of careers from design and development to marketing, management, production engineering and applications engineering. An incredible 92% of our School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering students are in employment or further study (Graduate Outcomes 2020). Graduates also find employment in other disciplines because of the highly numerate nature of the subject.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Team Project Challenge
- Mathematics for Engineers
- Network Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems
- Digital Electronic Systems
- Foundations of Electronics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Communications Engineering View 393 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCSE: Science C/4
- A-levels: BBB, including Mathematics or Further Mathematics.
- Please note we are unable to accept A-level Use of Mathematics in place of A-level Mathematics
- BTEC: DDM, including Distinction in Further Mathematics for Technicians or Calculus to Solve Engineering Problems.
- IB: 30 points or three Higher Level certificates with 555. Either must include Higher Level Mathematics grade 5, plus Standard Level Science grade 4, if not taken at Higher Level.
- We are also happy to consider a combination of separate IB Diploma Programmes at both Higher and Standard Level. Please note that Science in the IB is not required if you have already achieved GCSE Science at grade C/4 or above or 4 in IB Middle Years Science.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20650 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.