The Visual Effects (VFX) for Film and Television degree from Arts University Bournemouth prides itself on the currency of its staff. You will be taught by industry professionals that between them have worked at studios, including ILM, Framestore, Double Negative, Electronic Arts, MPC, Image Engine, Weta Digital and many more.
We have taken the knowledge gained at these studios and have brought it into the classroom.
- Having worked in the industry at the highest levels, we not only know what makes a strong artist, but also what the visual effects industry is looking for.
- We are focused on our graduates’ successful entry into the VFX industry, as well as them having a long and successful career.
- We’ll teach you the technical and technological disciplines necessary for visual effects work, helping to develop an appropriate knowledge of 2D and 3D software in preparation to develop new skills at Levels 5 and 6.
- You’ll attend a series of practical workshops, lectures and seminars, building competencies in the generation of concepts, the construction of digital assets and the processing of live action footage.
- Alongside processing moving imagery, you’ll develop an aesthetic awareness through observational drawing and painting, utilising both traditional materials and digital solutions. This helps to develop an ability to evaluate different approaches to solving production problems.
- You practice is underpinned by an engagement with historical and cultural contexts, and you’ll develop essential research and study skills which help you develop an ability to present, evaluate and interpret information from multiple sources.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 795 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The standard offers for degree courses include:
- GCE A Levels – BBB at A Level excluding General Studies, or 120 UCAS Tariff points
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at Pass
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Distinction* Distinction*
- BTEC/OCR Extended Diploma at Distinction, Merit, Merit
- RSL/UAL Diploma – must be combined with other Level 3 qualifications equivalent to 112-120 UCAS Tariff points
- RSL/ UAL Extended Diploma at Merit
- A combination of BTEC Subsidiary Diploma and A Levels – equivalent to 120 UCAS Tariff points
- Three BTEC Subsidiary Diploma passes at Grade Merit
- Scottish Highers – five passes at Grade C or above
International17950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17950 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
International/EU 2nd&3rd year: £16,950
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.