This Advanced Diploma in Research Theory and Practice in English – Business Management (International Pre-Masters) from the University of Cambridge prepares students to undertake Master’s level study in higher education institutions in the UK, or elsewhere, in Business Management.
The course aims to:
- develop students’ skills as independent and critical researchers in preparation for Master's level study;
- enable students to conduct a systematic literature review as a means of critically surveying research allowing the formation of a research question and/or hypothesis;
- enhance students’ knowledge and understanding of key and emerging Business Management themes;
- foster students’ knowledge and understanding of different methodological approaches to research, including the skills and techniques necessary to conduct qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research;
- enable students to design and conduct an independent research project drawing on appropriate evidence, methodological techniques, and theory;
- enable students to critically appraise and evaluate the results of their research and present their findings to a wider audience including relevant stakeholders;
- provide students with the necessary English language and academic literacy skills to conduct an independent research project.
Students of the International Pre-Master's become a part of the unique tradition attached to College membership at Cambridge.
Students will attend formal meals in small groups and will additionally benefit from a cultural programme alongside their studies.
Students will learn about research fundamentals, research processes and how to conduct an independent research project based on a variety of case studies linked to current and emerging themes in Business Management.
The current and emerging themes are:
● Managing Technology and Innovation
● The Ageing Workforce and Productivity
● Environmental, Social and Governance Issues (ESG)
● Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business Strategic Management View 1252 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- Applicants for this course will normally have achieved a UK 2.i honours degree or overseas equivalent from a recognised higher education institution, in a Business Management related field.
- The current GPA equivalency is: GPA 3.5/4; GPA 4.3/5; GPA 3.8/4.3
- A language certificate waiver is not available for this course. All applicants are required to submit a certificate at application.
International17000 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
National13875 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13875 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.