Performance designers are storytellers. Visual storytellers. The Performance Design and Film Costume (Hons) degree at Arts University Bournemouth creates innovative, individual and adaptable designers.
- The performing body is at the core of the design work on this course and all students will create costume designs from the first year onwards.
- Great attention is paid to the study and design of historical, contemporary and experimental costume for film, theatre and site-specific projects.
- In addition to costume design, some students will also go on to design and paint sets and make props and puppets for live performance, festivals, other events and exhibitions.
- In the first year, the course curriculum is partly shared between the BA Performance Design and Film Costume and BA Costume courses from week 1 – 24, when both performance design and costume production are explored equally.
- For the final six weeks of Level 4, students will either remain in the course on which they originally enrolled or they may change to another through the usual transfer process.
- From this point onwards students are taught separately, although all are collaborating on projects in a way that reflects industry standards and methods.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Fashion Design View 220 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The standard offers for degree courses include:
- GCE A Levels – BBB at A Level excluding General Studies, or 120 UCAS Tariff points
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at Pass
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Distinction* Distinction*
- BTEC/OCR Extended Diploma at Distinction, Merit, Merit
- RSL/UAL Diploma – must be combined with other Level 3 qualifications equivalent to 112-120 UCAS Tariff points
- RSL/ UAL Extended Diploma at Merit
- A combination of BTEC Subsidiary Diploma and A Levels – equivalent to 120 UCAS Tariff points
- Three BTEC Subsidiary Diploma passes at Grade Merit
- Scottish Highers – five passes at Grade C or above
International17950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17950 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
International/EU 2nd&3rd year: £16,950
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.