Throughout the program, you’ll acquire hands-on experience by solving real world problems using a range of technologies. With its work-based, industry-led delivery and its emphasis on applied technology, the program is a world away from traditional IT degrees. The two year (full time) duration also means that you’ll graduate faster with highly relevant work-ready skills in areas such as the Internet of Things and digital automation, digital design and 3D printing, information security and data analytics. If you’ve never considered a career in IT but love all things ‘tech’, this program could be for you.
The program is available for full-time and part-time study across all campuses in Tasmania and is delivered through a combination of online study, face-to-face classes, practical workshops and tutorials.
Completing our Associate Degree in Applied Technologies will give you:
- a pathway to a great career in exciting and rapidly evolving technologies
- practical skills to take straight into the workplace
- opportunities to advance in your chosen field
- an in-depth knowledge of industry requirements
- the skills to help you meet personal career development goals
- potential credit towards further study at the University of Tasmania
Graduation from the Associate Degree in Applied Technologies can provide an entry opportunity for those who have not worked in technologies, accelerate progression through a graduate’s present organisation, or open up new career paths and opportunities.
On completion of the Associate Degree in Applied Technologies (Industry Automation) you will be able to:
- Commence employment or enhance your current employment as an automation systems technologist; or
- Articulate from the Associate Degree in Applied Technologies into another course at the University of Tasmania and gain credit subject to the receiving College's discretion. .
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Designing for Technology and Innovation
- Computer Networks
- Programming Principles
- Managing Projects
- Risk and Security Management
- Emerging Technologies
- Applied Technology Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- It is recommended that international students should apply at least 3 months prior and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to the start date.
DisciplinesTechnology Management General Engineering & Technology Cyber Security View 323 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to undergraduate courses at the University of Tasmania requires the completion of qualifications equivalent to a 12th year of education in Australia.
Please review the equivalent undergraduate entry requirements to see the minimum requirement relevant to your country. The ATAR information for this course is located in the “For Domestic Students” section of the entry requirements on this page.
You can also meet the General Entry Requirement for this course with the following qualifications or prior studies:
- Completion of an equivalent AQF Certificate III or above
- Complete or incomplete (minimum 12.5 credit points) of previous tertiary study at Bachelor level or higher
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25437 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50875 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.