The Law with Philosophy (Hons) programme at New College of the Humanities will allow you to prepare for your career and follow your passions. In your degree, you will take all of the courses required for a Qualifying Law Degree, preparing you to take the professional training courses for qualification as a solicitor or barrister.
Your Philosophy minor will complement your study of Law, bringing clarity and rigour to your thinking while you develop your understanding of and ability to engage with central philosophical questions, arguments theories and texts.
- Enable students to be awarded with a Qualifying Law Degree which acts as a qualification for those wishing to progress to the vocational and professional stages of training to become solicitors or barristers in England and Wales.
- Provide a thematic basis to academic legal studies which aligns to career paths which are attractive to alumni of the College, in particular careers in which knowledge and understanding of corporate, commercial and employment matters are valuable.
- Provide legal knowledge and skills in areas which align with the College’s LAUNCH programme in developing entrepreneurial abilities.
- Prepare students for further study on postgraduate courses, whether academic (doctoral, masters or other), vocational or professional.
- English Legal System
- Contract Law
- Modern Philosophy (Advanced)
- Law of the European Union
- Law of Property
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Public Law View 510 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level: AAB
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: An overall score of 35 points OR 6, 6, 5 in subjects taken at Higher Level
- European Baccalaureate: 85%
- Scottish Higher: AABBB
- Scottish Advanced Higher: AB
- Access to HE Diploma: 45 Level 3 credits at Distinction: 33 credits. Merit: 12 credits. Pass: 0 credits
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: BTEC Extended Diploma, Diploma and Subsidiary Diploma
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.