The Ca’ Foscari Foundation Year is an 8-month English-taught program designed to prepare international students like you to enrol in an undergraduate degree program taught in either English or Italian at an Italian university.The Foundation Year is right for you if:
- upon completing high school you will have fewer than the 12 years of schooling required to enrol in a bachelor’s degree in Italy; OR
- you want to improve your English or Italian language skills before beginning an undergraduate degree at an Italian university; OR
- you studied in the American school system and will not have the three Advanced Placement exams required to enrol in university in Italy; OR
- you studied in the British school system and will not have the three A-levels required to enrol in university in Italy.
The Foundation Year runs for 8 months from October until June.
The program pairs a general curriculum focused on university preparation with a focused study track aimed at providing you with an elementary background in the field in which you want to carry out your undergraduate studies. You also take a language module focusing on improving either your English or your Italian, depending on the language in which you'd like your bachelor's degree to be taught.The general curriculum and focused study tracks are all taught in English, so to enrol you must already have a certified B1-level knowledge of English (according to the CEFR, B1 is "lower intermediate").
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
In order to complete the Foundation Year and obtain the final certificate, you will carry out three learning modules:
- General curriculum: Modern and Contemporary Italian History; Critical Thinking; and Academic Skills for University Preparation
- Study track (you choose one of the four): Economics & Management; Science; Humanities & Arts; OR Architecture, Art & Design
- Language module: International Option (bolstering your knowledge of English) or Bridge Option (learning Italian)
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications for the 2021/2022 academic year areopen now! For more details, write to email@example.com
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 12 other Masters in Languages in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A high school diploma that is the result of at least 11 years of schooling
- A certified B1-level knowledge of English
International5000 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR for the full programme during 8 months.
National5000 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR for the full programme during 8 months.
Living costs for Venice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Merit-based scholarships are available!
Contact Ca' Foscari's School of International Education by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org to get all of the details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.