American Studies from American University Washington DC gives students the freedom to take core classes in American Studies as well as electives in history, literature, cultural studies, politics, and the social sciences.
Our students work to understand American institutions and culture through the intersection of race, gender, sexuality, and class issues.
- American Popular Culture
- American Studies
- American Cultural History
- Contemporary American Culture
- Community Activism and Regional Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History American Studies View 2382 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Formal admission to the major requires a grade point average of 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale) in two courses related to the major.
- Common Application or the Coalition Application, including essay
- High School Transcript(s)
- Official SAT and/or ACT Scores (if not Test-Optional)
- The Application Form
- English Proficiency
- Completed application, including essay and CV/Resume
- Application fee of U.S. $75
- Two academic letters of recommendation
International50542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50542 USD per year during 48 months.
National25271 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25271 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State25271 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25271 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.