The Automotive Technology program from College of the Canyons provides in-depth training with extensive hands-on experiences. In the classroom, students learn the theoretical aspects of automotive diagnosis, repair and service with a diesel technology option.
In the automotive laboratory setting students will experience applying the theory learned in the classroom. Upon completion of the course work required for the certificate or major, students will have achieved competencies in the areas of brakes, suspension, electrical components and wiring, transmissions, engine diagnosis and drivability.
While many automobile dealerships require technicians to acquire manufacturer specialty training, the basic skills and knowledge needed to enter specialty training will be obtained in the Automotive Technician program at College of the Canyons.
Student Learning Outcome:
Demonstrate proficiency in the core skills and knowledge required for employment in the automotive industry.
- Automotive Engine Fundamentals
- Engine Performance
- Automotive Electrical Systems
- Automotive Brake Systems
- Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning
- Steering, Suspension and Alignment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1899 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the ISP Application Form.
- Provide a bank statement dated between 180 days and 60 days from the start of your classes. This bank statement must show, at least, the amount listed on the tuition and fees page for the academic year.
- If you are being sponsored by someone outside the U.S. or are sponsoring yourself, submit the Affidavit of Financial Support Form.
- Have a licensed physician or medical professional fill out a Freedom From Tuberculosis Form.
- Submit proof of completion of secondary education/high school. This may include a graduation certificate, diploma, or transcript.
- If you have attended a college or university in the United States, submit transcripts from each college or university. If you wish to apply for college credit from a previous post-secondary institution, you must provide ISP with two official transcripts.
- Submit proof of English proficiency
International16864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8432 USD per semester during 12 months.
National16864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8432 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1160 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Santa Clarita
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.