Grasp the fundamentals of computer science, then specialise in the areas that interest you – ending with a major individual software project. Previous topics have included 3D games, stock control management systems and even a Jedi lightsaber training simulator.
This Computer Science (Software Engineering) programme at The University of Hull specialises in the formal techniques to 'develop' software. You'll learn how to create and manage software projects, and how to prove that a program is a correct, test-driven development.
The skills, experience and technical expertise you’ll gain at Hull will put you in high demand when it’s time to enter the job market in this fast-evolving industry.
Six reasons to study Computer Science (Software Engineering) at Hull
- Accredited by the British Computer Society
- 95% graduate employability rating
- Links to top names like Microsoft and Sony
- Access to industry-standard facilities like HIVE
- The research was ranked joint fifth in the UK
- New robotics lab with humanoid Baxter robots
What you'll study
The course consists of 120 credits per year. Most modules are 20 credits, meaning you’ll study six modules each year. Some longer modules, such as a dissertation, are worth more (e.g. 40 credits). In these cases, you’ll study fewer modules - but the number of credits will always add up to 120.
Your future prospects
- Software developer
- Mobile app developer
- Software engineer
- Video games developer
- IT security specialist
- Web developer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Systems
- Quantitative Methods for Computing
- Software Engineering and Human-Computer Interaction
- Computer Science: The Challenge for Sustainable Computing
- Programming and Algorithmic Thinking
- Object-Oriented Programming and Principles
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Software Engineering View 879 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A levels
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- CACHE Diploma or Extended Diploma
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Scottish Highers
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
- GCSE Maths at Grade 4 or C
- IB Diploma: 30 points
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17200 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hull
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.