With a focus on cutting edge practices across contemporary performance and dramatic theatre, the programme combines artistic practice and academic enquiry, and draws on established local, national and international networks.
Working with leading theatre academics, artists and professionals, you will be part of a close knit course community, working in one of the most vibrant sectors of a city internationally acclaimed for its creativity.
This Drama and Contemporary Performance (Hons) programme from Manchester Metropolitan University will enable you to gain the skills and understanding to work professionally as a theatre maker, performer, director, producer, facilitator or teacher, or to move into other creative industries, as well as to engage in further academic study and research.
- Theatre Making
- Critical Perspectives
- Artists and Companies
- Directing and Dramaturgy
- Performance and Composition
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 354 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A levels – e.g. BCC-BBC
- Pearson BTEC National Extended Diploma – DMM
- Pass Access to HE Diploma with a minimum of 106 UCAS Tariff points
- Equivalent qualifications and combinations will be considered, including Extended Project (EPQ) at grade C or above.
- AS levels (or qualifications equivalent to AS level) are not accepted.
- IB Diploma with minimum 26 points overall or 104-112 UCAS Tariff points from Higher Level. If you plan to meet the Level 2 course requirements through your IB Diploma you will need to achieve Higher Level 4 or Standard Level 5 in English
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.