The Financial Mathematics and Statistics programme from London School of Economics and Political Science will provide you with a strong background in financial mathematics and statistics and the interaction between the two. You will also gain knowledge of economics and finance, and training in coding and computation in addition to the other, broader, elements of an LSE education.
Although specific techniques may become out of date, the ability to think analytically is something that remains with you for the rest of your life, enabling you to adapt to new developments in your chosen career. The subject knowledge and transferable skills you will gain in this programme are highly valued by employers, and graduates are likely to find employment opportunities not only in the finance sector, but in many other areas where quantitative analysis and data-handling are important.
Recent graduates have gone on to work in the areas of corporate finance, accountancy, management, and banking. Many have pursued graduate study in areas related to mathematics, economics, or both.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elementary Statistical Theory
- Mathematical Methods
- Abstract Mathematics
- Principles of Finance
- Further Mathematical Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Statistics View 739 other Bachelors in Finance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A strong set of GCSE grades including several at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9)
- GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6)
- We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile
- A*AA, with an A* in Mathematics. Please also see the subject combinations section for information about Further Mathematics requirements. We also consider your AS grades, if available.
- IB Diploma: 38 points overall, including 766 at higher level, with 7 in Mathematics. Please also see the subject combinations section for information about Further Mathematics requirements.
International22430 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22430 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.