In ACT, Qld and Victoria a Bachelor of Exercise Science sequence and units are available and students have a choice of their major and minor sequences. Students are advised to select these sequences from main school teaching areas. There is also a major Education sequence.
The Bachelor of Teaching requirements foster the acquisition and development of the basic professional knowledge, skills and attitudes required of an effective classroom teacher. The Bachelor of Exercise Science core content provides an extensive knowledge base of how the human body works, from a psychological, anatomical, physiological, motor control and biomechanical perspective, with a specific focus on the role of exercise in health, well-being and performance.
Our graduates of the Bachelor of Education (Secondary) - Exercise Science from Australian Catholic University have pursued careers in:
- secondary schools as a PE, HOPE and HPE teacher, including Catholic, government and independent settings
- institutes of technical and further education (TAFE)
- vocational education
- community education centres
- private colleges
- special education settings
This program has been listed on the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) accredited programs list and meets the teacher education component of the qualification requirement for registration (accreditation) as a secondary school teacher in all states and territories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Learning and Teaching
- Educational Thought
- Literacy and Numeracy Diagnostic
- Professional Communication
- Understanding Learners and their Contexts
- Digital Cultures and Capabilities
- Comparative Education: Local and Global Contexts
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Sports Sciences View 114 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants require the equivalent of Australian Year 12 certificate and an IELTS minimum of 7.0 in reading and writing and a minimum of 7.5 in listening and speaking. Pre-requisites may also apply for entry into some major and minor sequences.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24104 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24104 AUD per year during 48 months.
National7082 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7082 AUD per year during 48 months.
- $7082 CSP
- In a CSP, the Australian Government subsidises the cost of your course. You’ll pay the remainder, known as the student contribution amount.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.