Students will be introduced to the sub-disciplines of Biomedical Science including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, immunology and microbiology. Studies in public health address the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health by improving social and political systems. Public health includes environmental, economic, technical, educational and legislative measures.
Combine compassion for humanity and a commitment to social justice with a sound theoretical understanding of processes affecting disadvantaged communities and individuals both locally and internationally.
- public health officer
- community development worker
- policy analyst
- program evaluator
- health educator
- project officer and consumer advocate
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Health Promotion
- Globalisation, Environment and Health
- Public Health Economics
- Public Health Emergency Response
- Applied Public Health Communication
- Public Health Advocacy
- Public Health Policy and Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Sciences Biochemistry View 288 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants require the equivalent of an Australian Year 12 Certificate, including studies in Mathematics. Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
- academic qualifications (transcripts and completion certificates)
- evidence of English proficiency
- any other documents which can support your application, such as evidence of work experience, professional registration and reference letters that are relevant to your course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24336 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24336 AUD per year during 48 months.
National8763 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8763 AUD per year during 48 months.
In a CSP, the Australian Government subsidises the cost of your course. You’ll pay the remainder, known as the student contribution amount.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.