As you progress, you will explore the medieval period through the lenses of literature, philosophy, law, religion, politics, and conflict.
You will develop excellent research and analytical skills and learn to present your ideas effectively both in writing and verbally.
Our varied and flexible course content allows you to tailor your Medieval Studies with a Foundation Year (Hons) programme from Swansea University to your own interests, while our interdisciplinary approach encourages you to make connections across subject areas, from philosophy to social science.
Teaching is informed by our world-leading research and you can attend seminars organised through our guest speaker programme.
Around 94% of graduates are employed or in further study six months after graduating (DLHE). The graduates have progressed to careers in a wide range of sectors including
- Humanitarian services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medieval Europe
- Making History
- Literature and Society in Medieval Europe
- Greek Language
- Ancient Egyptian History, Society and Culture
- Greek History and Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 927 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our standard entry requirement is CDD-DDD at A-level or equivalent.We require a minimum of 5 passes at Grade A*-C, including Welsh/English Language.
- Entry requirements are flexible and all offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement.
- The course is also a widening access programme and developed to support those who may not have been able to otherwise gain access to HE.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17950 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.