From the world wide web and global mobile phone networks, to digital music players and renewable energy sources, this subject shapes the everyday world around us.
Highly skilled Electronic and Electrical Engineering graduates are in high demand and have opportunities to work all over the world.
The integrated Electronic and Electrical Engineering with a Foundation Year (Hons) degree from Swansea University can lead to any full engineering degree. It is not a qualification in its own right, but the first year of a four-year BEng degree.
As you progress, your developing analytical abilities will combine with hands-on experience of advanced specialist equipment, establishing skills which are vital to securing employment in the wider industry.
Graduates of Electronic and Electrical Engineering are set on course for a range of stimulating opportunities. Your future could lie in any of the following roles:
- Broadcast Engineer
- Control and Instrumentation Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Network Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Multimedia Programmer
- Technical Sales Engineer
- Engineering Analysis
- Engineering for People Hackathon
- Digital Design
- Circuit Analysis
- Electrical and Magnetic Properties of Materials
- Engineering Analysis
- Instrumentation and Control
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 1126 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and backgrounds for the Engineering Foundation Year. Each application is considered on a case-by case basis, depending on the educational background and work experience of the applicant.
- For A level or IB students, our standard offer is BBB - BCC at A level, or 26 at IB.
- Students studying for BTEC or other vocational qualifications, who might not have the right pre-requisite Mathematical background for Year 1 entry, may also apply for this scheme. BTEC entry requirements for the Foundation Year are DDD, with D in all Mathematics modules.
- All applicants are also expected to hold minimum B grades at GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and all sciences, including at least two A grades.
- Mature students with relevant work experience, or access courses with a good mathematical and science content, are also considered for this scheme; an interview may be required.
International20200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20200 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.