Chemical engineers work closely with processes that turn raw materials into valuable products for human use. Their skills ensure that natural resources are used sustainably, and the disposal of by-products is conducted in a safe and environmentally-friendly manner.
This professionally accredited Chemical Engineering (Hons) degree from Swansea University provides knowledge and skills across the full spectrum of chemical engineering topics, allowing you to keep your career options open.
As you progress, your growing analytical abilities will combine with hands-on experience, establishing skills which are vital to securing employment in the chemical engineering industry.
A flexibly structured degree path means you have the opportunity to study abroad for a year or work in industry for a year.
Graduates of Chemical Engineering at Swansea are set on course for a range of employment opportunities. Your future could lie in any of the following roles:
- Chemical Engineer
- Energy Engineer
- Petroleum Engineer
- Product/Process Development Scientist
- Mining Engineer
- Technical Plant Manager
- Applications Engineer
- Wellsite Drilling Engineer
- Separation Processes
- Instrumentation Measurement and Control
- Thermodynamics of Process Design
- Fluid Flow
- Process and Pilot Plant Operations
- Statistical Techniques in Engineering
- Chemical Practical
- Biochemical Engineering
- Reactor Design
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 202 other Bachelors in Chemical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The entry requirements for the MEng Chemical Engineering course are:
- AAB-ABB at A level (including Mathematics).
- Other recommended subjects include:PhysicsFurther MathematicsChemistryDesign TechnologyIT/ComputingBiology
- Variable offers made dependent on subjects studied and all applications are considered on an individual basis, with GCSE grades, AS Level subjects and grades, work experience, references and personal statement taken into account.
- Or 34 overall with either 5 at HL (or 6 at SL) “Mathematics: analysis and approaches”, or 5 at HL (or 7 at SL) “Mathematics: applications and interpretation”
- Students studying for BTEC qualifications require D*D*D* to include B at A Level Mathematics.
International22400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.