The Health Visiting (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing) (Hons) from London South Bank University considers the issues involved in safeguarding the health of vulnerable children, families and populations. The overall aim is to develop an effective practitioner who is able to identify actual and potential health needs, stimulate an awareness of health needs, facilitate evidence based health enhancing activities and influence policy at all levels.
Should I take the BSc (Hons) or the PgDip qualification?
Depending on the level of your existing qualifications you will either undertake the BSc (Hons) course, or the PgDip qualification. If you qualified as a nurse with an Undergraduate Diploma you should take this course - the BSc (Hons). If you qualified as a nurse with a Bachelor's degree you should take the PgDip Health Visiting (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing) programme. The content of the courses is the same.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing professional practice for health visiting
- Evaluating research for health care
- A public health approach to promoting health and well-being
- Mental health and well-being of children and families
- Protecting vulnerable children
- Developing leadership and management skills for SCPHN
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1118 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), and 120 credits at Level 5. Applications are accepted from newly qualified nurses or those who are due to qualify. Applicants must have sponsorship from an employing organisation that provides a practice placement and practice teacher to fulfil NMC standards.
As part of the selection process, you'll be expected to undertake an assessment on campus which identifies your attributes for the course and gives you an indication of various scenarios you might face.
- Applicants must book a numeracy and literacy test and pass this as part of their preparation for applying.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.