The curriculum covers a broad range of biological study from general biology and microbiology to ecology, genetics and field botany in addition to teaching courses within the College of Applied Studies and student-teaching experience in area schools.
Graduates of the Biological Sciences - Secondary Education program at Wichita State University are frequently employed as technicians in labs involved in basic biological research or applied research.
They work in fields such as the physical, engineering and life sciences, education, pharmaceutical manufacturing and scientific consulting.
- General Biology
- General Microbiology
- General Ecology
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Vascular Plants
- Field Botany
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Fall Semester Deadlines:
- Basic Service: Apr. 15
- Standard Service: Jun. 1
- Premium Service: Jul. 1
DisciplinesBiology Secondary Education View 3010 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
- Have a cumulative 2.25 or higher GPA on a 4.00 scale, OR
- Achieve an ACT composite of 21 or higher OR a minimum combined SAT ERW+M score of 1060 (test optional for admission)
- And, if applicable, achieve a 2.0 GPA on all college credit taken in high school.
- Students must submit final high school transcripts.
- Transcripts or examination results may be sent away for verification. If selected, it may take some time for the verification results to be returned.
- You do not need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score when you apply.
International19860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19860 USD per year during 48 months.
National19860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19860 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10214 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Wichita
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.