Career coaches help clients transition to a new role, one that fits their experience, knowledge, interests, and skills. They guide their clients, helping them learn about themselves and the job environment in order to create an ideal match. This Bachelor's-level diploma - Career Coach is offered by OpenClassrooms.
They often work independently as freelance consultants, meeting one-on-one with clients in an office or in a local coffee shop, library, or campus center. You will also find career coaches leading job search groups or facilitating workshops on all aspects of career transition (virtually, in web conferences or in person at local venues).
Other career coaches work as employees, often in career centers at universities, business schools, training centers, non-profit agencies, or government agencies, such as city, state, or regional employment offices.
The basic tasks of career coaching, such as career advice and resume editing, can expand to coaching services delivered by phone, email, web conference, face-to-face, or a combination of these. A typical career coaching package could include a series of meetings to identify personal assets, provide advice on managing finances during a job search, as well as mock job interviews and salary negotiation tips.
Given the current healthy job market, those who are not yet employed, have recently become unemployed, are under-employed or unhappily-employed, are on the look-out for new employment. In the U.S. alone, a recent survey found that over 71% of those employed in over 19 industries would like a new job. And with over 6.6 million current U.S. job openings identified in March 2018, with the right advice, they should be successful in doing so.
But career transition can be challenging. Career coaches are recognized professionals who can help job seekers navigate through their own mindsets to reach their full potential. The demand for this level of career advice has never been greater!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
By the end of this path, you’ll be able to:
- Help clients determine their assets and use them to develop ambitious career objectives
- Review and offer constructive criticism on job search marketing materials, such as resumes, profiles, etc.
- Build a network of contacts, recruiters and other professionals to share with clients
- Lead workshops on career transition topics
- Implement the steps to establish a career coaching practice
- Attract and retain clients and referrals
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A high school diploma / GCSE level
- A good level of English (for non-native speakers, a CEFR level of B2, an IELTS band score of 6.5, or a TOEFL score of 80 is recommended)
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac), headphones, a webcam, and a stable internet connection
International300 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 EUR per module during 6 months.
National300 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 EUR per module during 6 months.
Tuition fee per month
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.