On our (Hons) Music Business Management with Foundation Year degree from London College of Creative Media you will learn from industry professionals and have the opportunity to put your ideas and new skills into practice with work placements or entrepreneurial project based modules in your third year.
In order to succeed on this degree you will need to have foundation knowledge in at least one of the underlying subjects: Music Technology, Business or Economics, English Language or Media and Communications.
If you don’t have or aren’t expecting to achieve a Level 3 qualification (A Level or equivalent) in one of these subjects you will need to apply for the four year degree with integrated foundation year.
Our Foundation in Music Business (Year 0) is designed for students who haven’t studied any of the core subject areas previously and want to acquire or reinforce the skills required for success at undergraduate level or entry-level work in the entertainment sector.
The foundation year will build upon your passion and experience of music as a fan or hobbyist and give you the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare you for study at Level 4. You will learn essential business, academic and digital skills that will set you up for both your future studies and your professional career.
You will develop the necessary written and online communication skills to engage, persuade and convince others of the merits of your ideas and music projects.
As you develop an active curiosity and fluency in the terminology and principles of business, media and communications, you will be ready to make the most of the rest of your studies and for the realities of work in the industry.
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement of Creative Industries View 40 other Bachelors in Management of Creative Industries in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of 96 UCAS points gained from at least two full Level 3 qualifications which must include at least one in the following subject areas:
- Music Technology, Business Studies or Economics, Media Studies or English Language
- An Access to Higher Education course or a BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered as equivalent to two full Level 3 qualifications
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths and English or a Level 2 equivalent
You may demonstrate your interest by one or more of the following:
- enthusiasm for listening to live or recorded music
- reading about music/the music industry
- organising music events
- using social media to publish or promote music
You may be invited to an interview if:
- you have not met the minimum entry criteria but show within your application a strong interest, and promise of ability for the course or
- there is insufficient information in your application for us to make a decision.
We welcome applications from mature students (21+ years) and those without formal qualifications but with demonstrable passion for and practical experience in the music industry.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.