Southern Utah University’s Department of Theatre Arts and Dance offers you the opportunity to the study theatre within a professional Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree with emphases in classical acting, musical theatre, or theatre design and technology, or explore a broad understanding of the discipline in the Bachelor of Science or Arts (BA/BS) degrees.
You may also prepare to become a teacher with a degree in Theatre Arts Education. Home to the Utah Shakespeare Festival, SUU provides a unique theatre environment for you to grow.
Students completing a Theatre - Theatre Design and Technology program at Southern Utah University will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental concepts of theatre including script analysis, theatre history, and dramatic literature;
- Critically evaluate works of theatre by placing them in appropriate historical context and evaluating the aesthetic components;
- Demonstrate fundamental skills necessary in the areas of classical acting, musical theatre, or design/technology;
- Demonstrate the professional attitudes and values of each discipline, which include respecting the collaborative process, meeting deadlines, punctuality, and professional responsibility;
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences through on-going oral and written presentations;
- Undergo evaluation by external reviews in several of the following ways: professional auditions; graduate school admissions; Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival Adjudications; U/RTA Auditions, USITT portfolio reviews and internship placement; and
- Be prepared for advanced training or entrance into the profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Voice and Diction
- Script Analysis
- Theatrical Design
- Dramatic Literature
- Theatre History: The Classic Theatre
- Theatre History: Realism, Post-Realistic, and Contemporary Theatre
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign General Engineering & Technology Theatre & Dance View 1768 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Application - pay required $60 application fee (U.S. currency only), $35 for returning students
- English Proficiency - Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose first language is not English
- Transcripts - Official transcripts (record of courses taken and grades received) from each high school, college, and university attended must be submitted
- Passport - Please provide a copy of the photo page of your passport
- Finances - International students are required to demonstrate that funds are available for the first year of study
International20822 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20822 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cedar City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.