Global Climate Change. Oil Spills. Drought and Water Supply. Topics such as these illustrate the continuing need for environmental professionals with training in the natural sciences.
The curriculum combines a quantitative understanding of environmental science, chemistry, and biology with law, policy, and economics to provide a foundation for careers in environmental policy, resource management, education, environmental law, urban and environmental design and related fields.
Students in the Environmental Science and Policy program at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) will have a solid foundation to recognize the impacts of human activities on the environment, and in turn the impacts of environmental change on society.
Students will understand the mechanisms by which key institutions, policies, and regulations impact ecosystems and the physical environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Earth System Chemistry
- Earth System Biology
- Earth System Physics
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Sustainable Food and Water Systems
- Data Analysis for Earth Sciences
- Careers in Earth System Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Data Science & Big Data Environmental Sciences View 197 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Two years of history — One year of world or European history, cultures and geography, and one year of U.S. history or one half-year of U.S. history and one half-year of American government or civics
- Four years of English
- Three years of mathematics (four years recommended) — Must include algebra, geometry, and advanced algebra
- Two years of science (three years recommended) — Must include two years of laboratory science, however additional years can include a range of disciplines such as: applied science, engineering, computer science, and other integrated science courses.
- Two years of a language other than English (three years recommended) — The second year or higher of the same language must be completed to fulfill this requirement
- One year of visual and performing arts — A yearlong course chosen from the following disciplines: dance, drama/theater, music, visual art, or interdisciplinary arts
- One year of college-preparatory electives
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41196 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National41196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41196 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11442 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.