The International Foundation in Engineering and Science - Biomedical Science programme from INTO Queen's University Belfast allows you to start earning academic credits towards your academic program while advancing your skills in order to satisfy the university requirements.Benefits offered by the International Foundation Year include:
- Advance your academic and English language skills
- Receive support in your first year of studies
- Graduate in the same amount of time as local students
- Customized curriculum lasting one or more semester, depending on your needs
- Classes with small numbers of students encourage more student-teacher interaction
What to expect from studying this International Foundation in Engineering and Science program
Get ready to specialise in your chosen field of Engineering, or prepare for developing your knowledge in a highly interdisciplinary subject, that lets you cross the limits of just one Engineering specialization.
You will learn how to speak the language of science, but to also transform it into practicle aplications that have a direct and lasting impact on improving human lives. The tech, practically-oriented skills you will develop during your studies will help you find innovative solutions to concrete problems, while making use of your ingenuity and critical thinking. Learn to fix complex problems with out-of-the-box solutions and a lot of trial and error.Modern engineeing tries to tackle pressing challenges that are facing our civilization at the moment such as pollution, growing population, and decreasing resources.
- English Language and Study Skills
- Foundation Mathematics for Engineering and Science
- Foundation Biology
- Foundation Chemistry
- Foundation Physics
- Further Mathematics for Engineering and Science
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 337 other programmes in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades. All students must hold a GCSE grade 4/C Mathematics or equivalent.
- Standard: IELTS 5.0
- Extended: IELTS 4.5
- Accelerated: IELTS 6.0
- 16 years and above
International17895 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17895 GBP per year during 6 months.
Tuition fees start from £17,895 for the Standard and Extended option and from £13,995 for Accelerated depending on the chosen duration.
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.