The MEDTEC School from Humanitas University aims to train professionals who will be able to apply medical and technological know-how as a means of providing innovative and quality medicine. In a global context of increasing complexity, technological innovation makes it possible to improve the quality of life in a sustainable way, innovating care and humanising the doctor-patient relationship.
The MEDTEC School from Humanitas University strongly focusses on enhancing the medical skills of a doctor through the integration and acquisition of the basic competences and approaches relevant to Biomedical Engineering.
The integrated six-year training programme will allow you to obtain additional ECTS and be awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering from Politecnico di Milano, in addition to an MD in Medicine.
The degree programme will provide:
- a bio-medical engineering approach to basic science disciplines (e.g. chemistry, physics, statistics, computer science).
- the acquisition of competences to deal with precision medicine and regenerative medicine.
- competences to address complex issues concerning the applications of technology and information analytics to medicine through the integration of pre-clinical and clinical education with basic engineering subjects (such as mathematical analysis, computer science, electrical engineering, mechanics, etc.).
- Automation and Mechatronics
- Bioelectric signal processing and modeling
- Computer science
- Basics of Circuit theory
- Molecular and Computational Biology and Medical Genetics
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 4 other Bachelors in Public Health in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The test will include questions on mathematics, verbal logic, physics, chemistry, biology, technical-scientific culture. The test is designed to capture the aptitude and propensity of candidates to study both hard science for Engineering and Life Sciences for Medicine.
- Secondary School Diploma or attending the last year of the secondary education
- If your local school system provides for 11 or 10 years of schooling, the title is valid when integrated with 1 or 2 years of university
- Passing of the admissions test
International10156 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10156 EUR per year during 72 months.
EU/EEA10156 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10156 EUR per year during 72 months.
For European students, tuition fees at Humanitas University are calculated according to the economic situation of the family of the student.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- 1 full scholarship funded by Fondazione Rocca
- 4 partial scholarships funded by Fondazione Dompé
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.