This is a top-up programme intended for graduates of the Academy Profession Degree Programme in Computer Science. The top-up programme earns you a bachelor's degree in Software Development with only 1½ years of additional study.
This programme in Software Development at the University College of Northern Denmark will give you in-depth understanding and knowledge of the technical and theoretical aspects of software development. You will learn to use different database types and how to develop existing systems further.
The programme includes subjects such as database types, the role of contracts in the system development process, methods and tools for integration between systems, project management, distributed design and development, configuration and release management as well as test models and test planning.
Jobs and careers
After graduation you will be able to handle many kinds of jobs within the IT business:
- IT consultant
- Project manager
- Software engineer
- Systems constructor
- Systems designer
- System developer
- Systems planner
- Web developer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- UCN’s specialised study programmes are aimed at students who want to start their working life immediately after having completed their education. However, if you do not wish to start your working life at once, you can look into the possibility of studying further to achieve a Master’s degree abroad.
- Usually, you will be qualified to be enrolled in most of the Master's degree programmes within the field of your Bachelor's degree.
- However, it may be difficult to be enrolled in the highest ranking and most sought-after Master’s degree programmes, as these only have a limited intake.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Software Engineering View 4 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Work experience relevant to your choice of studies
- Other work experience
- Additional proficiency (e.g. parts of higher education level courses, summer school or other upper secondary level courses)
- Your motivation letter
- Studies or work in a country other than your home country
- Relevant courses or classes
- English language qualification
International11268 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5634 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.