We will use a problem-based approach as you study. This means you will work with your classmates to solve physiotherapy problems.
We will guide you to become a competent and reflective practitioner who takes responsibility for your continued professional development. You will learn to deliver ethical and effective physiotherapy services in different healthcare settings. Some of the things you will study include:
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Professionalism in healthcare
- Exercise therapy
- Movement analysis
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Cardiovascular respiratory and neurological conditions
This Physiotherapy (Hons) course from York St John University will prepare you for a career as a physiotherapist in a range of professional settings. You will also develop diverse skills that can be used in a range of jobs. These include research, analysis, problem solving and communication skills.
This degree could be your first step toward your career as a:
- Animal physiotherapist
- Health service manager
Accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and validated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Foundations of Physiotherapy Practice
- Professional Development
- Exercise, Rehabilitation and Heath Promotion
- Professional Practice Placement
- Specialisms of Physiotherapy
- Research Methods
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy Health Administration View 150 other Bachelors in Health Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The minimum entry requirements for full time and part time entry onto this course are:
- ABB from A2 subjects to include Grade B or above in Biology or PE (but excluding General Studies) or equivalent.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 (or equivalent) including English language, maths and science.
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- A satisfactory medical report
- Work shadowing experience
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.