This is a top-up programme intended for graduates of Academy Profession Degree Programmes in Marketing Management or Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management. The top-up programme earns you a bachelor's degree in International Hospitality Mangement with only 1½ years of additional study.
The programme in International Hospitality Management at the University College of Northern Denmark will provide you with the competences to work in day-to-day operations, development, administration and management in an international work environment in the hospitality industry. A specialisation period will allow you to focus more deeply on either tourism, the hotel and restaurant industry or experience economy.
You will learn about management, strategy, economics, cultural awareness and customer relations. You will be provided with the tools to develop new markets and concepts, achieve an understanding of a company’s strategic challenges as well as the ability to handle the practical implementation and operation of a company strategy.
Jobs and careers
There are numerous possible job titles, which of course depend on your individual profile. Your individual profile is a combination of:
- Your subject knowledge, that is, the degree to which you master the knowledge acquired through studies.
- Your work experience, including your work placement.
- Your personal competencies.
- Other experience and competencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For Danish students, the first semester will be taught in Danish, before the programme continues taught fully in English from the second semester. For international students, all semesters are fully taught in English.
- This means that Danish and international students study together from the second semester, giving you valuable intercultural competences as well as an international network.
- As a Bachelor of International Hospitality Management, you may find employment as resort manager, marketing coordinator, destination manager, or sales manager etc.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHospitality Management View 5 other Bachelors in Hospitality Management in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grades achieved in the final degree project
- Letter of motivation explaining the student's reasons for applying
- Work experience relevant to the study programme
- Period(s) spent abroad relevant to the study programme (job, internship or studies abroad)
International7416 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3708 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.