The licensure track of the certificate program was designed to attract qualified candidates to the profession of teaching. Candidates must have a baccalaureate degree in the subject field where licensure is sought.
The non-licensure track is offered to address global shortages in qualified teachers in ESL/EFL education (Grades PK-16).
Candidates must have a baccalaureate degree in education.
The non-licensure track is intended for international students through contractual relationships with the College of Education regarding international ESL programs.
This program is a 19-20 credit hour curriculum. The licensure track consists of three carefully articulated “blocks” of course work. While it is not required that the courses within either Block I or Block II be completed concurrently, it is a general expectation that the course work listed for Block I be completed before Block II.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The licensure track leads to teacher licensure to address critical statewide and national shortages in the following subjects:
- Agriculture (Grades 6-12)
- Art (Grades PK-12)
- Biology (Grades 6-12)
- Business (Grades 6-12)
- Chemistry (Grades 6-12)
- Earth and Space Sciences (Grades 6-12)
- English (Grades 6-12)
- Family and Consumer Sciences (Grades 6-12)
- Journalism (Grades 6-12)
- Mathematics (Grades 6-12)
- Modern Language (Grades PK-12)
- Music (Grades PK-12)
- Physical Education and Health (PK-12)
- Physics (Grades 6-12)
- Speech and Theatre (Grades 6-12)
- Social Studies (Grades 6-12)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 44 other Bachelors in Teaching in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Represent a teaching field identified as a critical area of need: Agriculture (6-12), Art (PK-12), Biology (6-12), Business (6-12), Chemistry (6-12), Earth & Space Science (6-12), English (6-12), Family & Consumer Sciences (6-12), Journalism (6-12), Mathematics (6-12), Music (PK-12), Physics (6-12), and Speech and Theatre (6-12)
- Meet all undergraduate content requirements (or equivalent) for subject in which licensure is sought (most subject areas require additional content hours);
- Possess a baccalaureate (or equivalent) in the subject area in which licensure is sought;
- Receive the support, through personal interview, of at least one member of the faculty sponsoring the Graduate Certificate;
- Have documented experiences working with youth.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10224 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 852 USD per credit during 6 months.
National10224 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 852 USD per credit during 6 months.
In-State3792 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 316 USD per credit during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.