Different sub-fields of History are defined on the basis of the time span covered (Ancient, Medieval, Early Modern, Modern, and Contemporary History), of the geographic area concerned, or of the specific approach or viewpoint they involve. Therefore we talk about cultural history, intellectual history, diplomatic history, economic history, and so on. In many cases, the research and teaching interests of one historian encompass more than one sub-field.
With a degree in History major at Nazarbayev University you will be able to:
- Understand familiar cultures, societies, and belief systems
- Analyze how societies worked in the past and apply the knowledge to current situations
- Critically assess other people's arguments and advance you own views in a clear and convincing manner
- Identify, evaluate, and analyze large bodies of information
Where can I work with a degree in History?
Of course, the degree will prepare you to teach and research in the filed of history. But you do not have to be a historian with a B.A. in History, Rather, you will acquire a range of skills that will prepare you for work in such diverse areas as journalism, financial analysis, and law. Here are just some careers that history graduates pursue around the world:
- Management consultancy
- Civil service
- Financial services and analysis
- School teaching
- Academic teaching and research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Kazakhstan
- Central Asian History
- World History
- European History
- US History
- Middle Eastern History
- Coins, Cotton, and Cocoons: Global Trade and Eurasian Materiality
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scanned copy of a National ID card or passport;
- Scanned copy of secondary school or higher education institution certificate (attestat/diploma) with final academic performance or certificate from the school (spravka) according to the sample in the personal account;
- Personal Statement;
- Valid copies of certificates. The results of standardized tests must be sent directly to the University through test administrators.
- Upload IELTS/TOEFL certificates in your personal account in section "Upload IELTS/TOEFL" and fill up required information about the certificate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 USD per year during 48 months.
National19000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 USD per year during 48 months.
- 7,467,000 KZT per year
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.