The MEng Power Engineering (Mechanical) (Hons) course at London South Bank University satisfies the requirements of the Institution of Engineering and Technology and the requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Students who complete the course successfully can find jobs with DNO’s (Distribution Network Operators such as UK Power Networks etc), National Grid, power producing industries such as gas and steam power plants, power utility companies etc.
This course was developed to meet the core knowledge required for the Integrated Power Engineer Apprentice standard L7 and differs very much from a standard undergraduate degree. Any student doing this course, outside the apprentice standard, will have the advantage of specific and specialist skills, putting them in a good position to secure relevant employment.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced engineering mathematics and modelling
- Engineering design
- Solid mechanics and FEA
- Dynamics and control
- Thermofluids and sustainable energy
- Electrical machines and power electronics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 389 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level AAB including Mathematics (136 UCAS points) or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDD, including Level 3 Mathematics (144 UCAS points) or;
- EAL Technical Extended Diploma in Engineering Technologies, D, including: Further Engineering Mathematics; Mechanical Engineering Principles; and other options relevant to Mechanical Engineering or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 39 Distinctions and 6 Merits, with at least half the course in Mathematics and Physical Science subjects (134 UCAS points) or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 144 UCAS points and including Mathematics
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14470 GBP per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.