This innovative research-intensive one-year honours degree specialises in public sector landscape architecture and aims to extend your critical and analytical thinking in the form of practical, theoretical and research units, as well as a dissertation.
You’ll benefit from the course’s distinctive Canberra location and will explore the city’s unique context as Australia’s capital and centre of government from a landscape architecture perspective.
As such, you’ll examine it not only as a planned, landscaped city perceived by a visionary landscape architect, but also as the centre of a diverse range of regional, rural and remote communities offering infinite landscape architectural possibilities.
Study a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Honours) from University of Canberra and you will:
- demonstrate an understanding of the implications of contemporary global challenges, including sustainability, in the context of design, society and the environment
- be aware of the roles and duties of design agencies in addressing social, economic and environmental challenges
- make a positive contribution to a socially just, environmentally responsible and culturally diverse society
- demonstrate design literacy and a critical understanding of design sufficient to contribute to the design profession
- collaborate and strategically problem-solve in multidisciplinary contexts
- demonstrate advanced visual, written and oral communication skills
- articulate a designer’s contribution to complex design challenges involving multiple stakeholders
- contribute to the profession as a designer by demonstrating best practice and ethical behaviour
- perform at a level of professional expertise that allows you to confidently enter the landscape design industry.
- Landscape architect
- Landscape designer
- Urban designer
- Landscape assessment officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research in Creative Arts and Design
- Honours Studio
- Arts Honours Dissertation
- Arts and Design Honours Symposium
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Industrial & Systems Engineering Landscape Architecture View 30 other Bachelors in Landscape Architecture in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Canberra and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Honours) is open to students who have completed the Bachelor of Landscape Design or equivalent from the University of Canberra, or cognate programs from other Australian universities, with at least a grade point average of 5.0 or better (equivalent to a credit average) for the second and third year of their undergraduate degree.
CRICOS Code: 090006D
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: Commonwealth Support Place (CSP)
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.