The mineral industry of Kazakhstan is one of the most competitive and growing sectors of the country with a wide range of metallic ores, industrial minerals and fossil fuels.
The country is a large producer of natural resources such as coal, uranium, chromite, copper. gold and zinc.
The economy of Kazakhstan is heavily dependent on the production of natural resources. Mining engineers are responsible for planning, designing and operating mines by employing science and technology.
They are involved in every stage of the mining cycle from exploring new deposits and deciding if they are economically viable through designing and constructing mines, managing the extraction of the mineral resources, ensuring the safety of the environment and operations to mine closure.
Work after graduation from Mining Engineering degree at Nazarbayev University
- Mining and tunneling: mine planning, drill and blast, ventilation;
- Government: mines inspectorate, leasing, geological surveys, environmental monitoring, NASA, ESA;
- Consultant: project coordination, financial analysis, equipment optimization, explosives applications;
- Finance and banking: investment banking, resource/ mining analyst;
- Business development: project management, environmental consultant;
- Academic: university teaching, research and consulting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program consists of basic courses such as mathematics, engineering foundations, and introduction to mining, geology which will be delivered within the first two years.
- The final two years cover the primarily mining courses which will be supported by practical lab components, field trips as well as computer aided software design packages to equip the students for the industry needs.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 3 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Kazakhstan
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- to conduct ALEKS PPL test for applicants who are not able to provide SAT/ACT certificate with a minimum passing score. Applicants of Nazarbayev University have to take ALEKS PPL test only on specified dates, which will be sent to applicants along with instructions.
- to consider IB DP category applicants according to their predicted grades certified by educational institutions, with a minimum total score of at least 33 and at least 5,5,5 in three high level subjects.
- If you still have not completed the registration, you have to upload a scanned copy of the certificates to a personal account indicating the details of the certificates;
- If you have already completed the registration, but did not upload the scanned copy of the certificates to a personal account,
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships for International Students are available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.