You’ll explore advanced communication skills, including digital manipulation and fabrication via additive and subtractive technologies, and will develop user-centred approaches to developing products.
The course will allow you to develop in-depth understandings of your specialised area while also expanding your potential as a designer. You’ll graduate as a resilient and adaptive design professional capable of solving a wide array of problems, and able to make significant contributions to any interdisciplinary industrial design team.
Study a Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) from University of Canberra and you will:
- identify the different stages of the ‘design for manufacture’ process
- select appropriate methods, materials and processes for designing and prototyping products
- learn to apply advanced 2D and 3D digital design technologies
- utilise a range of intuitive and rational creative design approaches which will allow you to explore relevant and innovative solutions.
- Design consultant
- Design strategist
- Product designer
- Furniture designer
- Consumer appliance designer
- Design researcher
- 3D modeller
- Digital manufacturing designer
- Advanced manufacturing designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Orientation (Design)
- Professional Practice: Work Integrated Learning
- Visual Representation Techniques
- Design Culture and Society
- 3D Digital Design Advanced
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Industrial Design Design View 37 other Bachelors in Industrial Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32200 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic - Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.