You’ll explore how to research, produce, publish and promote news across a range of different media, and develop your editorial judgement and leadership ability by working in teams to publish your original stories in print, on-air and online.
Topics studied include traditional reporting, digital curation, content creation and freelancing. You’ll graduate with the full suite of in-demand skills which will allow you to produce engaging quality journalism in a multi-platform media environment.
Study a Bachelor of Communication and Media (Journalism) from University of Canberra and you will:
- appreciate and critique the role of public interest journalism in society
- work flexibly, collaboratively and autonomously in deadline-driven environments
- instinctively adopt communication technologies in the production of journalism
- become a confident professional storyteller with the ability to work locally, regionally and internationally
- apply the highest standards of professionalism expected of journalists.
- Journalist (newspaper, magazine, radio, television and online)
- Communications officer
- Media adviser
- Social media coordinator
- Online community manager
- Digital campaigner
- Content creator and marketer
- Social entrepreneur
- Digital editor/curator
- Multi-platform content creator
- Professional writer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Orientation (Communication and Media)
- Professional Practice: Work Integrated Learning
- The Art and Power of Communication
- Digital Media Fundamentals
- Producing Credible Communication
- Engaging Audiences
- Professional Evidence (Communication and Media)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 171 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic - Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.