You’ll make full use of our digital cinema workflow to put your theoretical knowledge into practice, with access to industry-standard resources including: digital cinematography cameras and lenses; professional tripods and dollies; lighting equipment; location sound recording mixers, microphones and booms; studio and set construction facilities; green screen studio and compositing software; and professional editing and colour grading software.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop creative practice in filmmaking and specialise in a technical crew role. Internship units allow you to form industry relationships and engage with the social and professional world of film production.
Study a Bachelor of Bachelor of Arts (Film Production) from University of Canberra and you will:
- discover the answer to the question: What film do I want to make?
- use technical knowledge to analyse and evaluate a screenplay for story, narrative, theme and character
- assess, plan and work with the hardware and software of film production to engage metanarrative devices for cinematic storytelling
- use an understanding of acting and the acting process to form creative collaborations for film production
- both lead and work in small teams to produce creative storytelling solutions for film production
- use industry-standard procedures for managing hazards and safety within film production.
- Creative producer
- Documentary filmmaker
- First assistant director
- Director of photography
- Continuity supervisor
- Sound designer
- Production designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Big Stories: Culture, Memory and Power
- Films Tools and a Meta-Narrative Vocabulary
- Professional Orientation (Arts)
- Documentary Production
- It Must Be True: Knowledge, Culture and Creativity
- The Grand Experiment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Liberal Arts View 208 other Bachelors in Liberal Arts in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic - Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.