Aeronautical engineers apply their knowledge and skills to every aspect of air vehicles; from design, development, manufacture, flight testing and certification, to preserving airworthiness and sustainable aircraft operations.
You'll study the engineering principles needed for a career in the aerospace industry, and you'll gain practical experience on campus in our state-of-the-art facilities. Weather permitting and subject to visa requirements, you'll also take to the skies with flight test lessons in your final year.
All aeronautical engineering students are encouraged to complete a work placement and experience to complement your studies. UK students have previously visited sites such as GE Aviation Wales, Airbus Filton, and British Airways Maintenance Cardiff (BAMC).
The Aeronautical Engineering (Hons) degree at University of South Wales has links with the regional aviation industry, which includes GE Aviation, BAMC, Nordam Europe, TES Aviation Group, and other members within the Aerospace Wales Forum. Graduates of our Aeronautical Engineering degree are in demand in the UK, and in the civil and defence sectors worldwide.
Some of the companies with which our UK graduates work include Rolls Royce, GE Aviation, MBDA, Airbus, Jaguar Land Rover, BAMC, EasyJet, Emirates, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) and the UK Ministry of Defence.
- The BEng (Hons) Aeronautical Engineering degree is fully accredited to Incorporated Engineer status by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineers
- Design and Manufacture
- Engineering Computing Applications
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electrical Science
- Further Engineering Mathematics
- Control and Instrumentation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology Transportation Engineering View 1128 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical A-Level Offer: BCC - CDD to include Mathematics and one other Science subject (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical Welsh BACC Offer: Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade C/D in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BC - CD at A Level to include Mathematics and one other Science subject (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical BTEC Offer: BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Merit Merit - Merit Merit Pass in a relevant Maths, Science or Engineering subject which must include Maths modules (this is equivalent to 112-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical IB Offer: Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 29 overall including a score of 5 in Mathematics and one other Science subject at Higher Level. You will also need to obtain a score of 5 or above in English at standard level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.