Attacks on computer systems and technology are increasing, making cyber security a growing discipline. With a shortage of experts to deal with the threat, graduates with the right skills are likely to be in high demand.
In this Applied Cyber Security (Hons) degree at University of South Wales you will work directly on ‘live briefs’ from industry, so your training will stay relevant and address current issues and topics. This hands-on approach will also enable you to gain industry contacts and understand what will be expected of you in the workplace when you graduate.
This Applied Cyber Security degree is part of the National Cyber Security Academy, which brings the University, Welsh Government and industry experts together to tackle the skills gap and create experts who can fight against cybercrime.
Graduate prospects in cyber security are very strong. Cyber security is one of the major challenges of the 21st century, but there is a shortage of experts. Researchers estimate that 4.5 million cyber experts will be needed to meet the growing threat from security attacks. The skills and work ethos you will develop during this specialist cyber degree will make you highly employable and ready to begin a career as a cyber security professional.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Crime Scene Management
- Secure Systems
- Strategic Corporate Governance, Compliance and Cyber Risks
- Advanced Digital Forensic Techniques
- Advanced Systems Security
- Incident Management: Assessment and Response
- Final Individual Cyber Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Cyber Security View 209 other Bachelors in Cyber Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical A-Level Offer: BCC - CDD (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical Welsh BACC Offer: Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade C/D in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BC - CD at A Level (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical BTEC Offer: BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Merit Merit - Merit Merit Pass (this is equivalent to 112-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical IB Offer: Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 29 overall including 5 or above in English at standard level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13800 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.