The Medicinal and Biological Chemistry (Including Foundation Year) at University of South Wales is intended to give you the best possible preparation for success on the Chemistry degree. You’ll study introductory modules relevant to the degree whilst developing key skills for academic study.
Medicinal and biological chemistry is the foundation of modern medicine. The life sciences industry is one of the largest industrial sectors in the UK, where you could use your skills to have a positive effect on health and wellbeing worldwide.
This is a truly multidisciplinary science. While chemistry forms the core of this Medicinal and Biological Chemistry degree, you’ll also study biology, physiology, biochemistry and pharmacology to understand the links between human disease and its prevention and treatment through drug design.
To prepare you for the workplace there’s a significant amount of simulated work-based learning as part of this course, as well as employability and professional development activities. In your final year, for example, you can complete a major project in the workplace or pursue an industry-linked project.
Graduates will be ready for a career as a scientist, researcher or technician in the life sciences, which includes the pharmaceutical and biotechnological industries. You could also explore opportunities in the chemical industries and other medical-related employment.
You’ll also develop a wide range of transferable skills as part of your studies, including analytical problem solving, team work and communication. As such, graduates from chemistry-based degrees can find employment in alternative disciplines such as teaching, management, law, finance and business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Biological Chemistry
- Biomedical Research Skills
- Micro-organisms and the Dynamic Cell
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Biochemistry View 435 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical A-Level Offer: EE to include a relevant Science subject but to exclude General Studies
- Typical BTEC Offer: BTEC Extended Diploma Pass Pass Pass or BTEC Diploma Pass Pass in a relevant subject
- Typical IB Offer: Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 80 UCAS tariff points from Higher Levels to include Science or Maths.
- Typical Access to HE Offer: Pass an Access to HE Diploma in Maths or Science and obtain a minimum of 80 UCAS tariff points
- Additional Requirements: GCSE: The University normally requires a minimum 3 GCSEs including Mathematics/Numeracy and English at Grade C or Grade 4 or above, or their equivalent, but consideration is given to individual circumstances.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13800 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.