Medicinal and biological chemistry is the foundation of modern medicine. The life sciences industry is one of the largest industrial sectors in the UK, where you could use your skills to have a positive eﬀect on health and wellbeing worldwide.
To prepare you for the workplace there’s a significant amount of simulated work-based learning as part of this course, as well as employability and professional development activities. In your final year, for example, you can complete a major project in the workplace or pursue an industry-linked project.
Graduates of the Medicinal and Biological Chemistry (Hons) degree from University of South Wales will be ready for a career as a scientist, researcher or technician in the life sciences, which includes the pharmaceutical and biotechnological industries. You could also explore opportunities in the chemical industries and other medical-related employment.
You’ll also develop a wide range of transferable skills as part of your studies, including analytical problem solving, team work and communication. As such, graduates from chemistry-based degrees can find employment in alternative disciplines such as teaching, management, law, finance and business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Genetics and Evolution
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Molecules, Membranes and Cells
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Your Skills, Your Future
- Human Molecular Genetics
- Frontiers in Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 637 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical A-Level Offer: BCC - CDD including Chemistry and Biology but to exclude General Studies
- Typical Welsh BACC Offer: Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade C/D in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BC - CD at A Level (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points). Must include Biology and Chemistry modules and excludes General Studies
- Typical Science Requirements: Applicants taking Science A levels in England will need to pass the practical element alongside achieving the requested grade(s)
- Typical BTEC Offer: BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Merit Merit - Merit Merit Pass in a relevant subject which must include Biology and Chemistry modules
- Typical IB Offer: Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 29 overall including a score of 5 in Chemistry and Biology at Higher Level. You will also need to obtain a score of 5 or above in English at standard level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.