Why study Design Engineering (Hons) at Bournemouth University ?
- Use the latest solid modelling, rendering and product simulation tools to create and evaluate your own designs
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the engineering principles underlying the product development process.
- Access to cutting-edge facilities in our Innovation Centre including 3D scanners and printers, modern manufacturing & technical workshops and prototyping facilities
- Spend your third year on a work placement, gaining at least 30 weeks experience in a relevant industry
- Display your design project in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering
- This course received an impressive 95% satisfaction rating from our final year students.
Engineers are constantly in demand and this course will give you skills and knowledge to enter this varied and fascinating sector. When you graduate, you'll be equipped to take on a range of design and engineering roles across sectors as diverse as the aerospace and automotive industry to consumer electronics and domestic products design.
Within fifteen months of completing their course, 95% of our students are employed in a professional or managerial position.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers and Institution of Mechanical Engineers as meeting the academic requirement, in full, for Incorporated Engineer registration for 2019-2023 intake years
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Manufacturing and Engineering Materials
- Engineering Design Tools
- Engineering Simulation
- Design Engineering Projects
- Management and Commercialisation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign General Engineering & Technology View 570 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of two A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
For September 2022 entry: IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all other components, or equivalent.
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1 for September 2022 entry:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Fees are for 2022 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £1,850.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.