The production and utilisation of energy is a key global issue. Governments and industry are becoming increasingly aware of balancing energy production and utilisation with the need to be environmentally conscious and energy efficient. This Energy Engineering (Hons) BEng/MEng degree at De Montfort University addresses energy production, storage and utilisation. Develop your understanding of the production and efficient use of conventional and renewable energy sources for power generation, and modern energy storage solutions, complemented with elements of energy economics. With us, you will develop an strong understanding of key principles in engineering, mechanics, electricals and electronics. You will also explore more specialised modules including Energy for Transport Applications and Low Carbon Energy Technology.
You can study Energy Engineering either as a three-year BEng (Hons) programme, or a four-year integrated Master’s MEng. At the end of year three, you have the option of graduating with a BEng (Hons) or continuing for a further year for a MEng, subject to meeting the progression requirements.
- De Montfort University has been ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 301-400 of worldwide universities for engineering and technology
- Access our hi-tech sustainable energy lab, equipped with industry-standard software and work with facilities commonly used in the energy engineering sector.
- Develop your specialist skills and get to know students from across the school by joining exciting student societies such as Formula Student, Electronics Club or Flight Club.
- Enhance your employability and gain industry experience by undertaking an optional work placement. Recent DMU engineering placements include experience at Cummins, Network Rail and Caterpillar.
- Prepare for a career in the production, utilisation, storage and management of energy, as well as roles in design, research and development, environment control and policy-making in the energy sector.
- You will graduate with a range of transferable and problem-solving skills valued by employers in the energy sector. Graduates of this course are expected to go on to careers in production, utilisation, storage and management of energy, design, research and development, environment control and policy making.
- Our graduates have gone on to work at a range of high-profile national and multinational institutions, including Airbus UK, BMW, Cummins, Ricardo and Siemens.
- The course also offers an ideal platform for further study in the form PhD and a career in research or academia.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Mechanical Principles - Statics
- Design and Manufacture
- CAE and Programming
- Mechanical Principles - Dynamics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 397 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A typical offer is 112 UCAS points (120 UCAS points for MEng) from at least two A-levels including Mathematics or Physics at grade C, or
- Engineering or Physics BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DMM (DDM for MEng)
- Plus, five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and Mathematics or equivalent.
Pass in one of the following QAA accredited Access to HE course with at least 15 level 3 credits in the relevant subject at distinction:
- Access to HE Engineering
- Engineering Science
- Engineering Science and Mathematics
- Physics and Engineering
- Physics and Mathematics
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- One reference
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.