3D Animation and Visualisation with pathways for Games and VFX(Hons) programme from Glasgow Caledonian University is designed for those who want to pursue an exciting career in the creative industries. The course aims to develop your traditional art skills with the latest creative technologies to create graduates fit to participate in the ever-expanding games and film/VFX industries.
This course is unique in so far that although it is a creative course, it aims to produce graduates that possess the correct mix of creative and technical skills with a firm focus on employability. To be able to thrive in the continuously evolving creative industries, you will be exposed to industry advice and project requirements, and your studies focused on practical outcomes.You will develop skills and techniques in 3D modelling, digital sculpting, surfacing and texturing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering and VFX compositing. You will learn how to apply techniques and skills to construct animated virtual worlds and characters for 3D games and film by working on industry briefs and projects with opportunities for internships and placements.
Graduates leave with the creative and technical skills necessary for them to respond to the diverse needs of the creative industries such as 3D animation, visualisation, games and VFX for TV and film.
- 3D Modelling and Digital Sculpting
- Advanced Character Animation
- Motion Graphics
- 3D Production for Industry
- Research Skills & Professional Issues
- Integrated Project 3
- Advanced 3D Visualisation and Animation
- Creative Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Video Games & Animation Computer Sciences View 329 other Bachelors in Video Games & Animation in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Higher: Standard entry requirement: BBBB (incl Art and Design/Graphic Communication)
- Minimum entry requirement: ABCC (incl Art and Design/Graphic Communication)
- Minimum entry requirements are for widening access students only. If you are from a group that is not currently well-represented in higher education you may qualify as a widening access student. This includes living in a target postcode area, attending a target school or college, attending SWAP, are care-experienced or provide care for someone else, have refugee status or are an asylum seeker.
- A level: CCC (incl Art and Design)
- ILC Higher: H1 H2 H3 H3 (incl Art and Design)
- IB Diploma: 26 points (incl Visual Arts)
- All candidates are required to submit a portfolio as part of the selection process.
- English language IELTS score of 6.0 with no element below 5.5
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 24 months.
- RUK: £9250
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.