What do marketing professionals really do? How can you use marketing in non-commercial contexts for social good? What new challenges and opportunities arise on the online and global stage? On completion of this Business Management (Marketing) (Honours) degree from The Open University UK, you will be equipped with the necessary skills to use and apply marketing techniques and concepts in the workplace, and will acquire a wide range of transferable management skills.
Key features of the course
- Develops your ability to apply and evaluate marketing theories and techniques
- Explores and analyses the interdisciplinary nature of business management, and the role of marketing management and management professionals in organisations and society
- Helps you relate your studies to your own experience
- Equips you for a wide range of employment opportunities across all sectors
Skills for career development
This degree course will help you develop a broad set of skills that are of high value to employers, including the ability to:
- understand key business functions such as marketing, human resources, information management, accounting and finance, and operations in their wider organisational and social context
- put together reasoned arguments and question assumptions
- draw together, analyse and critically evaluate information
- understand the nature of leadership skills and behaviours within organisations
- communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others
- use ICT to research, identify and present information
- manage time and take responsibility for your own personal development.
The skills and knowledge you’ll develop by studying this degree will equip you to follow a number of career paths, and are recognised by employers as having great value for work in management and business. A qualification in business management can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
- middle and senior management positions across all sectors
- advertising and marketing
- human resources
- banking, including investment banking
- sales and retail
- management consultancy
- business journalism
- transport and logistics.
- Communication skills for business and management
- Design thinking: creativity for the 21st century
- Discovering mathematics
- Fundamentals of accounting
- Making your learning count
- You and your money
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Marketing Management Studies View 129 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Open University UK and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification.
- With the exception of the Accounting route, there is the option to study a mathematics module at Stage 1. Whether that module is right for you will depend on your experience and confidence with mathematics.
International6456 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19368 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National6456 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19368 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.